Good morning my bloggy blog friends (dunno why, but I always think to write that but never do…so this morning I DID! 🙂 ) Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend full of end-of-summer festivities! I got back from my bachelorette party in Dewey Beach, DE yesterday and have been recovering ever since.
I didn’t make it into my office this morning until 10am. Whoopsies! Coffee is a must. I’m meeting with some prospective PhD students to
warn them give them all the info they need about UVa, our department, and life as a doctoral student so I can’t look like a half drugged out lunatic in the morning like I usually do 😉
These past few weeks have been heavy on the work and play (with an emphasis on the play) and I feel like I have been majorly sleep deprived since right before I went to Greenville, SC the week before last. It was all worth it, but I really need to catch up on sleep this week. I’m not traveling anywhere this weekend and really need to use it to recharge my batteries before I go with the bf to Madison, WI (to visit my alma mater!!!) and travel for multiple weddings in the upcoming month.
Here is what’s on tap for this shortened week (can you believe it’s already TUESDAY??!):
- I’ve got a 20 mile “training race” coming up in a mere 13 days. Freak out may now commence. EEEEEeeeeeek. I’m really only up to 16 or 17 miles and I basically took off the last 5 days from any type of exercise at all. My knees have been hurting since the 10k race in Charlotte and I didn’t have any time at all to run over the weekend, which is too bad because I love running at the beach! I’m going to try to get in a 16 mile run tomorrow, but it will have to be on the treadmill (damn it to hell WHY). It’s been literally like a swamp outside. So freaking humid and hot. The low temps this week will only get to the mid 70s and I can’t risk another fainting episode/migraine attack
- My little Sophie girl has to have surgery to remove a cyst on her tail. While it’s not a huge medical problem, there are risks associated with putting her to sleep because she is a brachycephalic (read: smushed face) dog. I’ve been nervous about it and I know I’ll be a mess until it is all over
- Work, work, work. What else is new?
- Tonight a group of my friends are having our fantasy football draft. I’m a HUGE college football fan but sadly don’t know a ton about professional football. I’m going to have to do some research between now and then!
- SLEEP! My goal for the week is to sleep an average of 8 hours a night. That is a really big goal for me since I usually only get 6 hours a night.
- Since I missed Uva’s first football game last weekend, I’ll definitely be going this Saturday when we play Penn State. Football tailgating here is so different than University of Wisconsin and University of Michigan. Everyone gets dressed up (I’ve posted about my past UVa football experiences here and here and my love for college football here)
Too. Much. On. My. Plate
Somehow I kinda thrive that way. Well, until I crash. So we’ll see how this goes this week. I’m giving myself a whole 30 minutes to read my favorite blogs this afternoon. OH GOODY!
What was the most enjoyable thing you did this past Labor Day weekend? (can be anything from eating, sitting on couch, football, going out, running…)