Yum, yum, yummy! Things I have been noshing on lately. As you all know, I’ve been feeling nauseous and have had this never-ending migraine and food always makes me feel better 🙂 I’m obviously not a foodie blogger and don’t claim these eats to be the healthiest, they’re just things I enjoy to snack on.
1. There are certain foods that I eat every day and will never get sick of. I am mostly a creature of habit. But do you ever get into a food routine where you come to LOVE something and then feel like you NEED it every day? And then you go on to eat it almost every day until you get sick of it? No? Just me? Well, right now ladies and gentlemen (I think there are a few out there?) I cannot get enough of the veggie No Bull burgers that are locally made here in Cville. I’m not vegetarian and typically enjoy real meat burgers, whether they be beef, turkey, bison (ooh, the best!), but lately I love these veggie burgers that you can get all over Charlottesville. They’re also available for purchase and in restaurants throughout Virginia, Maryland, and in D.C.
They’re not much to look at but taste oh so good and I love to eat them as a regular burger on a bun or–MY FAVORITE WAY–with egg whites and cheese on a whole wheat bagel from Bodo’s Bagel shop.
I’ve declared my undying love for the bagel already and this is the perfect marriage: It’s creamy, tasty, and has got tons of protein. Perfect for after running. Or–who am I kidding–any breakfast or lunch. Wanna see just how healthy it is? Here’s the nutrition facts for the No Bull burger
2. Garden of Eatin’ Sweet Potato Corn Tortilla chips. This bag of chips will last only 2 days (if that) in my kitchen. They’re sweet and salty, my fave combination. And they feel….substantial or something. Like they are more filling than normal chips (even though that doesn’t stop me from eating almost the whole bag in one sitting!). A plus? They’re gluten free
3. You didn’t think I could get through a food post without candy, right? I’m not going to lie and say I eat whole, healthy foods all the time. I don’t. Most people don’t actually and that is just fine. You know that whole “everything in moderation” adage? Yea, I subscribe to that. So I indulge in my favorite processed candy multiple times a week.
The bf knows that I seriously love these Cookies ‘n’ Creme Hershey’s Drops. They are uber sweet, which means I can’t eat too many of them in one sitting (hey, that’s a plus!). I also get cravings for sugary fruity candy, like any type of gummies or possibly my favorites, Mike and Ike.
On a serious note, my only disclaimer is that these candies will ruin your teeth. The sugar is SOOOOO bad for them. Actually, there are so many “natural” foods that are just as bad if not worse for your teeth. Anything acidic, like citrus fruits or any drink with sugar in it, will eat away at the enamel. Ok, just a friendly reminder to brush, floss, and see the dentist 🙂
4. Don’t take my Cheribundi juice away from me or I will cut you.
J.K. Okay, mostly kidding. I am addicted to how this tart cherry juice helps me to recover SO quickly after my long runs. I swear its natural anti-inflammatory properties really work (tart cherries have the highest antioxidants that work to reduce inflammation of any fruit). Since I’ve started to drink it I am barely sore at all after my runs and find that after one day of rest or cross-training after my long runs I am ready to go again. Another reason why I can’t live without Cheribundi? It has melatonin and helps put me to sleep at night. I am an AWFUL sleeper and will stay up until 3:30am in the morning reading or fiddling around so this is really helpful. The only downside to this juice? It has a good amount of sugar, which isn’t the healthiest AND is bad for your teeth (brush, brush away!!!)
5. Finally, a running related nosh. I am still faithful to my Jet Blackberry, Madarin Orange, and Mint Chocolate GUs, but I am branching out with some of the Honey Stingers.
They are SOOO SOOO sweet, like straight honey, but on certain days I like that (sometimes I actually get HUNGRY when I run; my tummy rumbles and this quiets it)
Any eats you can’t live without lately?
Are you a creature of habit like me? Do you get into food routines where you crave something every day and find yourself going out and getting it multiple times a week?