Heidi at the amazing blog Idlehide nominated me for a One Lovely Blog Award! (by the way, although her blog title implies that she is “idle” she is anything but…check it out to hear more about her accomplishments with running and school :-))
There are a few rules for this award. The first few:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you (done! go to Idlehide already!)
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Ok, so I must share seven facts about myself. This in and of itself gives me anxiety. WHY? I have no idea. Maybe because I feel like I have nothing new to share about myself? Nah, now that I think about it, I have plenty of embarrassing tidbits to share 😉
1. I am afraid of…loud noises. Yep, for some reason I absolutely can’t stand loud noises and I get an anxiety attack (similar to an extreme fear reaction) whenever I hear them. I’m the loser that walks down the street with my fingers in my ears when an ambulance drives by
2. When we were young my twin sister and I came up with an “invention” business. We would try to invent new things such as an oh-so-necessary wind catcher (don’t ask me what that is, just know that it consisted of a pencil, some tape, and a sock 😉 ). We called our company Happy Days Are Good Days. To this day, this name cracks me up.
3. This next tidbit is a bit sick, so please don’t judge me: I enjoy watching food related programming while eating tons of food. Something about watching food makes the food I’m eating taste better, even if the food on the tv is completely different than what I am eating. I also enjoy watching weight-loss related programming (The Biggest Loser, Heavy on A&E) while gorging on fatty foods. So sick, I know.
4. My middle name is Ellen and this past weekend I met another Ellen at the bar. Guess what her middle name was? Claire. So we had an Ellen Claire and a Claire Ellen. We’re gonna take over the world I tell ya.
5. I can still sleep in until 3pm or later. You know how most people adjust to the work schedule after college and find it difficult to sleep in on the weekends past 8am? Nope, that hasn’t happened for me yet. I can sleep All. Day. Long. I’ve always been a good daytime sleeper. It just feels so good!
6. I love shopping and getting dressed up (duh, check out the Fashionable Life page), but there will be days when I work from home where I will just wear t-shirts and nike tempo shorts and nothing else. I find it hard to make an effort during the day. It’s like I need to “save” all my cute stuff for going out at night. I’m weird.
7. Not to end on a serious note, but blogging has truly helped me to see how full and amazing my life really is. It is very cathartic to document–much like a diary–what I do and how I experience things. Not to mention, I’ve made some amazing blogger friends! So what, we’ve never met. If we read what is going on in each other’s lives on a daily basis, we’re friends ok? OK? 😉
So on that note, here are the rest of the rules for the One Lovely blog Pink Tree Award:
4. Nominate some other blogs you like for this award.
5. Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
I love so many blogs, but here are a few I’ve really been following lately:
I promise a recap of the Memorial Day weekend festivities with my sister and our half marathon tomorrow as well as a long overdue recap of the West Virginia Strawberry Festival.
What is one random fact about you? Don’t be afraid to share an embarrassing or funny tidbit 🙂