Ok whoa, that was way too enthusiastic for a Tuesday, especially the cloudy one we have here. Although I’m loving the cooler temps, I wish it could be cooler and sunny at the same time. Geez, can’t I have it all?
Anyways, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are tough for everyone no matter what line of work they are in. If you had a killer Monday (like I did) it feels like it should be Thursday already and it’s pretty awful to think that we still have 4 more days until the weekend.
So here are some “terrific Tuesday things” to get me through the dreary doldrums that is the early/mid-week
[Btw…when you were young, did you ever read The Phantom Tollboth? I don’t know why but the word doldrums really reminds me of the book. I used to want a toy car that would take me to different places 🙂 ]
Ok, so back to the terrific stuff:
1. I bought my ticket last night for VEGAS baby! And guess what? I get to fly from Charlottesville, with only one stop in Charlotte, NC. Baller!!!!
The flight back on Monday morning after the race might be tough (remember it’s an evening/night race!), but I can just sleep the whole way back 🙂 And now I get to plan all the fabulous nightlife options for Thursday and Friday nights.
2. I had fun over the weekend in D.C. I got to see the West Virginia/Maryland game, which turned out to be a really good game (came down to the final minute)!
I also got to pull this fab camel sweater out of my closet (and wear with my new “geek chic” Michael Kors tortoise glasses). Double score!!
3. Chocolate Dipped Coconut. What’s that you say? A new type of cookie or cake? Nope, it’s the new Luna bar flavor and I’m in love. Lately, I’ve been craving Almond Joy candy (weird!) and this Luna bar is a perfect breakfast for me 🙂
4. Well, the Luna bar is perfect when paired with Starbucks coffee at Barnes & Noble (as seen above) or some hot Dunkin’ coffee. Mmmmm
5. My (sorta) new Tory Burch flats. Yep, I finally jumped on the bandwagon. But I wear them everyday so the cost/wear is pretty cheap. Plus, my teaching gig at the community college brings so much damn stress that I need to reward myself with some of that extra cash that I’m slaving away earning.
6. I figured out what I will be for Halloween!! If you didn’t know this about me, I LOVE HALLOWEEN. It’s my favorite holiday of the year. Here’s a big hint (well, it sort of gives it away but you don’t know what I’m doing)
7. I’ve been tracking all of my runs and workouts in a new log. It’s pretty cool…and I’m old school like that. No electronic logging BS. Just good ‘ole pen and paper. I used to use the Nike Plus for ipod, but I found that I constantly thought about how far I’d gone, how fast. Like obsessively. It stripped the joy from running and this is also why I NEVER wear a Garmin (in addition to the fact that Garmins are like enormous and my arm feels heavy just looking at another soccer mom training for a 5k wearing one. Ok that was cruel. But I’ll stick with my Ironman Timex that I use just to tell the time and do some basic “how long have I been running” calcs in my head while I’m running, thanks so much).
After I teach tonight I am going to the UVa men’s soccer game 🙂
What’s terrific about your Tuesday?