I wasn’t kidding last week when I said I was overly busy. After I finally got my literature review in on Thursday, I still had to teach my class and work a bit on some other stuff. And of course I had to fit in a whole bunch of fun this past weekend.
Here’s a recap of what’s been happening with moi
1. Here’s the reveal on my Steal of the Century Pt. II 🙂 I gave some good hints so you probably guessed…I got two Badgley Mischka clutches for an amazing price. Both are Italian leather and were on sale for $86 at Nordy’s. And because it was Labor Day, I got them each for 40% off that price. So basically I got two bags, which would have been $248 each, for $104. Craziness! 🙂
2. And I guess my luck stuck with me through this weekend. On Saturday morning I got an email that I won a sweepstakes from Bloomingdales (Look the Part, Be the Part). What’d I win???? A $500 gift certificate and a chance to be on the new NBC show The Playboy Club. SWEET, more shopping 🙂
3. I went to the first UVa game. Per the culture here, I got dressed up to tailgate 🙂 I also got to take some pics with Sophie earlier in the day while I was watching other football games on TV.
4. I went to my first physical therapy session last week. Surprise, surprise…I have extreme glute weakness. My physical therapist gave me a whole bunch of exercises that I need to do everyday to strengthen my glute muscles so they help keep my leg aligned when I run. The day after the session my hip muscles were killing me and I had one of the worst 6 mile runs I’ve ever had. I basically felt like my whole body was stiff and I had no control over it. I almost broke down and gave up. But I pushed through and I’ve since had 2 pretty good runs (one 3 miles and one 5 miles). We’ll see what happens…
5. Friday night was so much fun!!!!! Some friends and I started the night by having some drinks and snacks at my friend’s rooftop deck before heading out for a night on the town. Fun ensued.
6. On Saturday I drove up to Delaware for my cousin’s wedding. It was ridiculously beautiful. The ceremony took place at these gorgeous gardens. Very Great Gatsby-esque. I got to see some of my family (momsies and pops as well as my other cousins), but it was too bad my sisters couldn’t make it
7. I’m writing a book! Oh, you didn’t know? It’s called my dissertation. And yes, it will be like 400 pages. The stress of fitting in time to write is somewhat overwhelming. It’s been tough to write posts for this blog because I’m sick of writing on my computer. All. The. Time. And when all is said and done the paper copy (bound in a black hardcover) will go into the stacks at the main UVa library. I saw them all today. It’s kind of sad…hundreds of them sitting down on the bottom floor where no one reads them. I guess that’s why we have the Dissertation Digital Database. So that others can read them. Oh and I suppose when all is said and done I hope to have a tenure-track faculty position somewhere.
8. For some reason Sophie loves to sleep in this little box that I use to store magazines. She likes it so much I folded up a blanket and now it’s her favorite bed. She must like how it feels snug and secure. Cute little girl.
9. I’m heading up to D.C. this weekend for a friend’s birthday. I’m going out both Friday and Saturday nights as well as going to the Maryland vs WVU football game during the day Saturday. I better get some sleep in the next few days because I’m obviously not getting any this weekend!
What have YOU been up to??